As a co-curricular program, Performance Music relies almost entirely on student fees to fund the various aspects of the program, including but not limited to:
- Faculty remuneration and Administrative overheads
- Purchase, maintenance and repair of large musical instruments
- Purchase of sheet music and teaching resources
The willing support of all student families by prompt payment of fees is essential to the smooth operation of the program.
Click below to open/close each section for more information:
Fees, Discounts, Inclusions
|Tuition & Ensembles (Individual)||$300.00 per term|
|Tuition & Ensembles (Group)||$220.00 per term|
|Tuition Only (Individual)||$270.00 per term|
|Tuition Only (Group)||$170.00 per term|
|Instrument Rental||$50.00 per term|
Students may enrol in a maximum of 2 Instruments per school term, unless permission is granted by the Head Teacher CAPA. Each instrument enrolled will require a seperate enrolment plan and be charged accordingly.
Students enrolling from the same immediate family qualify for 25% discount per student per school term.
Inclusions & Exclusions
During the course of their enrolment, students and their parent/caregiver will be given access to the Performance Music online portal which provides full access to lesson schedules and notes, rehearsal and performance information, and a download library for certain necessary resources. Sheet music will also be provided for use in ensembles.
The following items are excluded from the above plans:
- Supply of musical instruments (except for Instrument Rental)
- Method books, solo repertoire and other sheet music resources recommended for Tuition.
- Accessories for Instrument maintenance
- Bus fees or other costs associated with attending a scheduled event outside of school, unless noted otherwise for a specific event.
- Any other items/costs not specifically outlined as included.
All Performance Music fees are paid directly to Kingscliff High School; either in person at Administration during school hours or via the Make An Online Payment function on the Kingscliff High School Website (see below image).
If paying online, please provide the following information to assist in the prompt allocation of payment to the appropriate account:
- 9-digit Student Registration Number
- Reference Number: 055-028
- Check Box: Creative and Practical Arts
- Payment Description 1: Performance Music [School Term Number] e.g. Performance Music Term 3
A minimum 50% payment is required by the close of business on Friday, Week 4 of each school term, with any remaining balance paid in full by the close of business on Friday, Week 8 of each school term.
Kingscliff High School reserves the right to suspend enrolment in the Performance Music program if payment is not made by the above deadlines.
Current as of 30/01/2017 (most recent updates in red)
Enrolment in Performance Music is conditional on acceptance of the following policies. Kingscliff High School reserves the right to amend/update this policy without notice.
Any questions that may arise in regards to these can be directed to the Program Coordinator and/or Head Teacher CAPA.
Section A: Enrolment, Cancellation, Payments, Refunds
- Students enrolled in Performance Music program are expected to commit for the full school year. Part-year withdrawals have a significant impact on Ensemble standards and operating budgets; any such withdrawals are discouraged except when exceptional circumstances are involved (e.g. leaving Kingscliff High School).
- If a student must withdraw before the end of the year, written advice must be provided by the parent/caregiver to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the current school term.
- Any experiencing financial hardship must contact the Head Teacher CAPA immediately in order to discuss alternative arrangements. Any such provisions are at the sole discretion of Kingscliff High School.
- All pre-paid fees are non-refundable.
Section B: Tuition Scheduling, Attendance, Make-Up Lessons
- Tuition lessons will normally be scheduled during regular class hours according to the availability of the respective Tutor. A strictly limited number of lesson times are available outside of class time. If available, these times will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis with preference given to Year 11-12 students.
- Students enrolling on a Group basis will be assigned with another student of comparable ability. In the event that no such pairing is possible, the student may be enrolled individually for 15 minutes per lesson in lieu.
- Student attendance is recorded at all Tuition lessons. Any absences must be explained by the parent/caregiver by the next scheduled lesson/rehearsal (e.g. illness, bereavement, etc.) to the relevant Teacher/Director.
- Classroom homework and/or school assessment items are not considered acceptable reasons for absence from Tuition lessons. Any absence in connection with such must be discussed with the relevant Teacher/Director at least 12 hours before the affected event (see also item 4).
- Any absence from a scheduled Tuition lesson must be advised by the parent/caregiver via the online portal no later than 12 hours before the scheduled lesson time; Teachers reserve the right to declare the lesson forfeited if such notice is not provided. When sufficient notice is provided, a Make-Up lesson will be scheduled at the earliest possible opportunity; in most cases, this will be during the same term.
- Students are responsible for arriving on time at scheduled lessons. Teachers are not obligated to locate students who are absent without explanation, or to provide a full 30-minute lesson if the student arrives late.
Section C: Ensemble Attendance and Participation
- Participation and placement within an Ensemble is at the sole discretion of Kingscliff High School. Students nominating for an Ensemble may be required to perform a brief audition to determine their capability.
- Ensemble members are expected to arrive a minimum of 10 minutes before a scheduled rehearsal time (Recess rehearsals excluded) to assist with room setup, instrument warm up, etc and are likewise expected to assist with packup at the rehearsal’s conclusion. Members who consistently fail to do the above may be subject to an appropriate disciplinary measure in accordance with Kingscliff High School guidelines.
- Student attendance is recorded at all Ensemble rehearsals. Any absences must be explained by the parent/caregiver by the next scheduled rehearsal (e.g. illness, bereavement, etc.) to the relevant Ensemble Director.
- Classroom homework and/or school assessment items are not considered acceptable reasons for absence from Ensemble rehearsals and performances. Any absence in connection with such must be discussed with the relevant Teacher/Director at least 12 hours before the affected event (see also item 4).
- Students with two or more unexplained absences from an Ensemble rehearsal will receive a written advisory sent to their parent/caregiver. Continued unexplained absence may result in the student being excluded from participation in that Ensemble, with any prepaid fees forfeited.
- Ensemble members must follow any and all directions given by the Ensemble Director during the course of an Ensemble rehearsal or performance. Members who consistently fail to do so may be subject to an appropriate disciplinary measure in accordance with Kingscliff High School guidelines.
Section D: Dress Code